The Ministry of Education and Culture supported the development of higher education through special grant projects in 2017-2020. The work carried out in key projects implemented by higher education institutions (HEIs) and the expertise gained in the projects are now utilised in the work of Digivisio 2030.
The key projects implemented by HEIs in 2017-2020 developed new digital solutions and services for HEIs with special grants from the Ministry of Education and Culture. The projects produced new educational offerings, operating models and digital pedagogical practices along with expertise. The aim is to also utilise the work done and expertise gained in key projects in Digivisio.
An assessment process was launched for key projects interested in cooperating with Digivisio. The assessment process was based on a survey commissioned by the KOOTuki network in the autumn of 2020 on the project results. In the spring of 2021, Digivisio requested that the key projects conduct a self-assessment, based on which supplementary discussions with 13 projects were held. The assessment examined synergies with the objectives and measures of Digivisio and placed key project outputs on the Digivisio 2030 roadmap.
The assessment of key projects identified three possible ways of utilising project outputs as part of Digivisio:
- A majority of the key projects assessed resulted in good practices and operating models that support and promote the work carried out in the Digivisio 2030 project. The work started in the projects will be utilised and continued in the Digivisio workshops related to, for example, the contents of digital pedagogy, smart technology and modularity of studies.
- These include the APOA, Open RDI, AnalyticsSmart, Climate University, DigiCampus, eAMK, Jobbit, KiVAKO, LITO, MEDigi and ÄlyOppi projects
- In some projects, technical services were built, the contents of which can be partially integrated with Digivisio services. The Digivisio2030 project is proposed for the further development of the service for these projects.
- For example, the CampusOnline study offering and quality criteria for digital pedagogy in the EAMK project, support service for the MEDigi training portal and the DigiCampus project
- The service created in one of the key projects is expected to be a suitable fit as part of the Digivisio services. The Digivisio 2030 project is proposed for the further development of the service for the project.
- Cross-institutional Studies (Ripa) project
The Digivisio steering group approved a progress model in the autumn of 2021, and cooperation and joint planning have continued with the projects.
“Cooperation and discussions with key projects proved necessary, and they were carried out in a good spirit. The work done in the key projects is invaluable and it is great that the project outputs and expertise gained in them can be included in Digivisio,” says Digivisio expert Anna Levy.
The aim is to further develop the results of the key projects and the work carried out in them during the spring of 2022 as part of Digivisio. More detailed progress models specific to key projects can be found in the Digivisio Eduuni wiki.
Anna Levy, expert, Digivisio 2030
In the future, our society will need increasingly diverse expertise. With the help of the Digivisio, we want to ensure that each of us can learn more easily and flexibly as well as accumulate expertise to meet the needs of a changing world. In the Digivisio 2030 project, Finnish HEIs are together building a sustainable learning ecosystem of the future.