The long-term goals of the Digivisio programme extend to 2030. How is the progress of the programme monitored? Read more about the goals and monitoring of the programme!
Digivision 2030 is a joint programme of all 38 Finnish higher education institutions, and it aims to produce the following by 2030:
- enables the compatibility of digital services between higher education institutions,
- provides the learner’s ‘My Data’ service and integrates the learner’s learning and career path with the competence accumulated before and after attending a higher education institution and
- improves the compatibility of actors’ information management and lowers the threshold for utilising national solutions.
- supports studies and students’ well-being regardless of time and place and in an accessible manner,
- establishes artificial intelligence solutions as a guidance tool and
- puts the learner’s benefit at the centre of development.
- we will be able to deploy the national digital service platform,
- digitalise study administration processes and applying to higher education institutions,
- support the evolution of higher education institutions into open communities with knowledge-based management and
- give individuals and society access to data.
The Digivisio 2030 programme plan was approved in the joint General Assembly of higher education institutions in autumn 2021. Read more about the project plan (in Finnish).
Higher education institutions steer the Digivisio work
The General Assembly, composed of representatives from all higher education institutions, is the supreme decision-maker of the programme.
The steering group steers the operational activities of the project in accordance with the guidelines of the General Assembly. The higher education institutions have elected representatives from among their own personnel to serve in the programme steering group.
The programme office is responsible for the practical implementation of the project. Practical development work is guided by the objectives and roadmaps established with the higher education institutions, i.e. the General Assembly and the steering group.
Each year, the General Assembly approves the annual plan and budget for the programme. Within their boundaries, the steering group leads the operational work of the programme office. The programme office supports the achievement of the programme goals through the SAFe framework, that is, through agile development work.
From 2022 onwards, the work of the programme office will be carried out on a quarter-by-quarter basis: each quarter, or increment, will have its own goals, and their achievement will be assessed in a demo at the end of each increment.
During 2022, the goal of the programme is to initiate the agile implementation of the Digivisio services, launch the change management support programme at higher education institutions and to work on a joint vision for the future of digital pedagogy, among other things.
Read more about the 2022 action plan and goals: plan of work 2022 (in Finnish).
The first increment of 2022 ended in March. During the increment, the plans for Digivisio’s first service, the continuous and flexible learning tray, progressed and became more detailed, work on the user forum began and the first pilot higher education institutions were selected. Read the results of the first increment (in Finnish).
In 2021, the work of the project office gathered momentum and grew in size. In early 2021, all higher education institutions signed the participation agreement, and all work packages became operational. Read the 2021 report (in Finnish).
News from 2021
Subscribe to the project newsletter and receive the latest information on the progress of the project directly by email!
Contact our programme office with all questions regarding the progression of the programme